Vogel Academy offers several training courses: in-person training sessions at the firm – Fondamentaux (Fundamentals) – or in-person training session and/or on-line – Certificat Concurrence (Competition Test) – and LL.M. Droit économique.
Courses taught by the firm’s lawyers, giving executives and in-house counsel the necessary tools to adopt best practices, secure commercial strategy and avoid regulatory traps through the acquisition of a comprehensive overview in each subject area.
- Competition law (anticompetitive agreements, abuse of dominant position, procedure, sanctions, mergers)
- Distribution law (pros and cons of various distribution systems: exclusive, selective, exclusive/selective, quantitative selective, franchises, agency, commission-affiliation).
- Commercial negotiation (general terms and conditions of sale, marketing agreements, invoicing, resale below cost, significant imbalance, termination of established commercial relations, nullity or liability claims, civil fines).
- Searches/dawn raids (basic investigations, court-ordered investigations, search and seizure, rights of the defense).
Fees and Conditions
- Half-day (4 hrs): EUR 450 (incl. VAT) per person (registered vocational training organization “déclaration d’activité de formation”).
- For further information: email@example.com – +33153677620.
The course will be held at Vogel & Vogel, 30 avenue d’Iéna, 75116 Paris. 20 persons maximum.
LL.M. de Droit économique
In partnership with the AFJE, Vogel Academy offers online training to in-house counsel in competition/regulation, distribution and consumer law combining both theory and practice.
3 modules are currently proposed: Competition Law, Commercial Negotiation and Compliance. In 2018 three additional modules will be introduced: Distribution Law, Consumer Law and European Business Law.
Fees and Conditions
EUR 600 per module/per person (registered vocational training organization “déclaration d’activité de formation” ).
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org – +33153677620.
- Training 100% online
- Over 1.40 hr. video per module, accessible 24/24.
- 60 days access to program
- 5 videos presented by Louis and Joseph Vogel (legal theory), 5 videos presented by Legal Counsel (legal practice)
- Quizzes and Multiple Choice tests for practice purposes.
- Obtention of certificate/module and an LL.M. in competition/regulation, distribution and consumer law (Droit économique) after successful completion of 6 modules.
This test specifically designed by Louis Vogel allows corporate lawyers to assess their knowledge of competition law.
- Unfair competition: confusion, disruption, disparagement, parasitism (free-riding).
- Price transparency and restrictive practices: the “single commercial agreement” (convention unique), general terms and conditions of sale, invoicing, significant imbalance, sudden termination of established commercial relationship.
- Restrictive agreements: restriction of competition; concept of anticompetitive agreement or practice; exemptions; horizontal/vertical agreements.
- Abuse of dominant position: market; dominant position (individual or collective); type of abuse; rules.
- Competition procedure: investigations; conduct of procedure; decisions by competition authorities; legal remedies; civil suits.
- Mergers: scope of merger control; concept of concentration; exercise of control; control procedure.
Fees and Conditions
- EUR 95 per person (registered vocational training organization “déclaration d’activité de formation”).
- For further information: email@example.com – +33153677620
- For revision – an online access to the Traité de droit économique, Tome 1 Droit de la concurrence (pdf file).
- For training – 5 online multiple choice tests (with answers).
- Final test – multiple choice (120 questions in 1 hour).