As part of the use of the website www.vogel-vogel.com (hereinafter the “Site”), Vogel & Vogel will process certain personal data concerning users.
The term “personal data” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; is deemed to be an “identifiable natural person” a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more specific elements specific to their physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
Vogel & Vogel attaches great importance to the protection of the personal data of its Site’s clients, prospects, candidates (hereinafter “Users”) and thus respects a high level of security of the personal data processed. This processing is carried out in particular in compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679 relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (hereinafter “GDPR”), of law n°78-17 of January 6, 1978 as amended relating to data processing, files and freedoms (known as the “Informatics and Freedoms Law”), and the ethical obligations of the legal profession.
For a good understanding of this policy, it is specified that:
- “Vogel & Vogel”, “we”, “us”, “our” refer to the company Vogel & Vogel.
- “you”, “your”, “your” refers to Users
This policy relating to the protection of personal data (hereinafter the “Policy”) aims to inform you in a clear, simple and complete manner about the use by Vogel & Vogel of the personal data of its users, as well as the rights and options available to you. We therefore invite you to read it carefully and familiarize yourself with it before each interaction with us.
Vogel & Vogel reserves the right to modify this Personal Data Protection Policy at any time to take into account legal and regulatory developments. Any significant modification substantially affecting the way in which we use your data will be notified to you by e-mail and/or information on the site, in order to allow you to review the changes made, to evaluate them and, if necessary, to object to or opt out of a service or feature. These modifications are published when they are posted online and are deemed to be accepted without reservation by any visitor who accesses them after they are posted online. The user therefore undertakes to consult them regularly.
Unless otherwise indicated, Vogel & Vogel is the controller of the personal data identified in this Policy that it collects and processes.
Vogel & Vogel is a liberal company with simplified shares registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 379 087 489. This company has a share capital of €4,500,000.00 and has its head office located at 30, avenue d’Iéna, 75116 Paris, France.
You can contact us using the following contact details:
- By telephone : 01 53 67 76 20
- By email to the following address: email@example.com . Any personal information that you may transmit directly to Vogel & Vogel is subject to the regulations in force regarding data protection.
- COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
When you visit our Site and our pages on social networks, or when you contact us, we may collect, store, use, communicate and more generally process certain personal information about you.
The majority of personal data that we collect is provided to us voluntarily by Users. When we ask Users to provide personal data, we will mention whether this information is mandatory or not as well as, where applicable, the possible consequences of not providing this data.
3.1. Data collected by Vogel & Vogel and purposes pursued
Vogel & Vogel collects and processes the following categories of data in particular:
- Identification data and contact details: name, first name, email address, connection details on the Site;
- Information regarding professional status: name of employer, position, etc.
- Connection data concerning the terminal used: your IP address, browsing information, etc.;
- For candidates for recruitment and competitive examinations: their qualifications (curriculum vitae, etc.), their telephone number, their postal address;
and more generally any personal data transmitted to us as part of the implementation of our services.
- For the promotion of our services, such as invitations to our events, sending legal news and to offer services similar to those already implemented;
- Management of your personal space on the Site;
- Management of your requests made as part of the exercise of your rights;
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the purposes of recruiting candidates;
- For the management of requests to exercise rights regarding the processing of personal data;
- Ensure the management of our relationships by maintaining a centralized database which includes existing and potential customers;
- To respond to you when you have contacted us (using the online contact form or by email/telephone to customer service).
The processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with the following legal bases:
- For the execution of services and missions subscribed to Vogel & Vogel;
- To meet our legal obligations (such as for checking possible conflicts of interest or verifying the identity of our new clients);
- To pursue our legitimate interests, while respecting your rights, for example to offer you services similar to those you have subscribed to,
For all these purposes based on our legitimate interest, we make sure to take into account any potential impact that this collection may have on you and users of the Site in general. If we believe that your interest or fundamental rights and freedoms override our legitimate interest, then we will not use your personal data on this basis and may ask for your specific consent.
3.2. Data retention
The data is kept for a period which does not exceed the duration necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and which are described above.
Your personal data is kept by Vogel & Vogel:
- If you create an account on the Site, the data will be kept until you send a request to delete it or after a certain period of no activity;
- If you subscribe to our newsletter/use your data for commercial prospecting purposes, your data is kept until your request to unsubscribe or delete your personal data, or after a period of three years without interaction with Vogel & Vogel;
- For cookies placed on your computer, these are kept for a period of 6 months.
To comply with the legal obligations incumbent on us and prove that we respect them (accounting and tax obligations for example), but also with a view to exercising certain of our rights and defending our interests (to act before a court in particular), certain data Personal data are kept for the duration imposed by legal obligation or until the end of the limitation period for legal action.
The data is then permanently deleted from our systems or anonymized so that you are no longer identified or identifiable.
With regard to data relating to the provision of legal services, this information is retained for the duration of the contractual relationship between the firm and the client. Once this relationship has ended, the data is then securely archived for a period of five years, after which it is deleted or anonymized, unless a longer legal requirement applies.
As for the personal data of candidates, they are kept by Vogel & Vogel for a period of two years from the last contact between the firm and the candidate, unless the candidate expressly requests the deletion of their file.
3.3. Sharing of Personal Data
Users’ personal data is shared with Vogel & Vogel’s lawyers and administrative staff, who are required to maintain strict confidentiality.
Your data may also be transmitted to third parties, and in particular to customs authorities, representatives of law enforcement, courts of law and government and regulatory authorities: (a) if we consider that a disclosure of information is necessary under applicable laws, or legal or regulatory processes (for example, in response to a subpoena or court order); or (b) to protect and defend our rights, and the rights or safety of others, including to defend against legal claims. Although disclosing information to these authorities is not an obligation for us, we may choose, at our discretion, to provide assistance to them where appropriate.
However, this excludes the sale, rental, sharing or otherwise disclosure of personal information for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments contained in this Policy.
Some of these recipients are located outside the European Economic Area in countries whose level of protection of personal data is not comparable to that of the European Union. When we transfer your personal data to these countries, we ensure the continued security of your data and frame the transfers with appropriate guarantees, by means of signing the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission.
When you access our Vogel & Vogel pages on social networks, your browsing is subject to the privacy policies of these social networks, over which we have no control.
3.4 Data security and confidentiality
Vogel & Vogel has implemented all technical and organizational measures to preserve the confidentiality and security of the personal data processed, taking into account their nature and the risks of processing, and to prevent them from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or unauthorized third parties have access to it.
We remind you that Vogel & Vogel does not control all the risks linked to the operation of the Internet and draw your attention to the existence of possible risks inherent to its use and operation.
- YOUR RIGHTS
We inform you that, in accordance with the GDPR, you have several rights in relation to your personal information that we hold. These rights are as follows:
- Right of access : You have the right to access your personal information that we maintain. This right allows you to request a copy of this data and to obtain information on how it is processed and used.
- Right of rectification : If you notice that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete, you have the right to request its rectification. We are committed to updating your data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Right to deletion : Subject to certain exceptions provided by law, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information that we hold. We will take all necessary steps to erase your data, unless we have legal or contractual obligations to the contrary.
- Right to data portability : You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another controller, subject to certain conditions.
- Right to restriction of processing : You have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, if you contest the accuracy of your data or if the processing is unlawful.
- Right to object to processing : You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, in particular for direct marketing purposes.
Users also have the right to organize the fate of their personal data in the event of death, as well as the right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL, whose website is accessible at the following address http://www .cnil.fr and the head office is located at 3 Place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris.
Users can exercise these rights, free of charge, with Vogel & Vogel.